Pages

Monday, August 22, 2016

Promo Blitz - Stark September - CD Bradley

Stark September PB Banner
StarkSteptemberebook
Synopsis
Sometimes it only takes a moment for your whole world to change. When Captain Kira Riley begins working on base at Fort Carson, she thinks she will be paying back her debt and escape her past. However just as she tries to focus on the mission at hand her path violently collides with the one man who could unearth every wall she has ever built.
Kira had struggled for years to make it to this moment. Finally a physician! But for those from meager backgrounds dreams come at a price. In order to pay for school she would have to serve in the military for 4 years. Just being on base brings back a lifetime of painful memories. Kira has to focus, pull up her big girl panties and make this work. One problem, she never anticipated meeting Owen Stark, a Special Forces sergeant who lives by a strict code. Though Kira tries to avoid any thoughts of this rugged stranger, fate has other plans. After a steamy and awkward physical exam Kira is left breathless and shaken. She has no intention of ever putting herself in a vulnerable situation again yet this soldier stirs feelings she didn’t know she had. Beyond fraternization, Kira will have to overcome; a slew of crazy exes, the grips of a BDSM subculture, and jail to find out who Owen Stark really is.
Stark is intrigued from their first encounter but his world is set. After a decade of service to avenge past tragedy, his team was all he needed, until he met her. Her determination, wit and gentle charm captivate him. Now he must choose between the existence he has built and a chance to really live again. Separated by their ranks she is the one woman he can never have. He knows being caught will end both of their careers. Aside from that if he gets too close she will learn about his life before the military or worse how he has spent his free time for the last decade. He knows he should just walk away, but one look in those innocent eyes, and the world stops spinning. Some risks are worth taking even if you lose everything.
BuyNow

Review

I am not sure why I keep getting surprised by debut authors this summer.  It seems to be the summer for them.  When I was first approached to review Stark September I was a bit meh about it.  I’d gotten tired of the whole BDSM storyline a while ago.  So I’ll confess, I went into this book with some preconceived notions.   I’m glad I didn’t let them keep me from reading it, though because this book is well-written.  C.D. Bradley created a book that draws you in from the very beginning and keeps you enthralled throughout.

Kira Riley has dreamed about being a doctor but when she can’t pay for medical school she makes a decision she never thought she would.  She joins the Army.  Kira knows the life, having grown up as an Army-brat.  She just wants to do her duty, give her four years and then get out—with her heart intact.  Owen Stark is married to his job.  He eats, sleeps and breaths being Special Forces.  His band of brothers helped him overcome a tragedy and he has no plans of ever giving them up.  She’s an officer, he’s enlisted.  With fraternization forbidden and secrets they are each hiding, they should stay far away from each other.  But the pull between them is just too strong.

This story is very character driven.  On top of Kira and Owen, you get a lot of secondary characters that help drive the story along.  Some you can’t help but love, like Abbey, Kira’s nurse at the clinic.  Others you can’t help but hate, like Holt and Simone.  Some are a mixed bag like Paige and Zoe.  But you will feel a range of emotions in this book.  Add in the steamy chemistry between Kira and Owen that’s so hot you may just have to fan yourself.   Then on top of all that, you have a seriously good mystery.  And to be truthful, the mystery drew me in more than the romance.  And I was rooting for Kira and Owen the whole way!

This is definitely one to one-click today.  I promise you won’t regret it.  -Peace and Love, Buxom J


ALL4688 US-TRADE-SOFT-COVER.indd
AboutTheAuthor
CD Bradley PIC
I’m just a girl who likes to daydream. Sometimes I write them down to share. Even as a little girl teachers would tell my parents I lived in a world of my own. The literary world was my safe haven. Then I grew up. I practiced medicine in the ER and urgent care for the last 15 years. I started writing again while still working in the ER but put it aside when we opened our own clinic. Until last year my husband and I owned our own practice, had two children and lived a somewhat normal life. Then in the span of a year we sold our practice, bought a 96 acre farm in the hills of West Virginia and adopted 3 of our patients (ages 2,3,4) bringing our kid count up to five. It has been a crazy year full of ups and downs, learning to laugh at ourselves. Being mostly brought up in the city, the change to managing a working farm with real farm creatures and ever lurking bears has been an adventure. Not to mention adjusting to being a mom of FIVE. But when things are rough I just laugh and tell stories. Because at the end of the day sometimes laughter and love is all you have. Somewhere in the midst of kids and chickens, I managed to finish my first novel and dive deeply into the second. Writing at night or early in the morning while all the little ones are asleep lets me escape into another world. I hope that you will enjoy the journey of the story as much as I have writing it. Pursue your dreams as if limits to your abilities do not exist.
AuthorLinks
OUAA_SocialMedia_FacebookAmazonWebsite
Book Page
OUAA_SocialMedia_Facebook
tour-host-ouaa

No comments:

Post a Comment