Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Author Interview: Celia Aaron



I am super excited that this time around we got to talk with Author Celia Aaron.  If you aren't familiar with her work, what's wrong with you?  Just kidding.  She writes everything from laugh out loud funny stories to angsty ones, from dark to light.  I highly recommend you one-click her books today if you haven't already.  

Thank you for agreeing to this interview!  First, can you tell us a little about yourself and your background?

I’m a lawyer-turned-writer. I dig hot stories and have a soft spot for dark, twisted tales.

If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be?

Impulsive, creative, loud

If someone wrote a book of your life would it be a drama, a comedy, a romantic-comedy, horror or science fiction/fantasy?  What would be the title?

Comedy. You do You.

If you could have unlimited storage of one thing, what would it be?

Good memories.

If you could have dinner with three people, past or present, who would it be and why?

My hubs and my two girls. They’re fun to hang around with.

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

I’ve always been a writer. Just not always been a good one.

What draws you to this genre?  Are you interested in writing other genres?  If so what ones?
What genre wouldn’t you write?

I like an HEA. Always does it for me. I like to read horror and some scifi, but I’m not sure how I’d fare writing in those genres. I won’t write nonfiction.

If you could change one thing about this genre what would it be?

I’d add more diversity.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

That people like reading them.

What do you like to read in your free time?

Romance, scifi, horror—just about anything but nonfiction.

Which writers inspire you?

Prolific ones like Nora Roberts and highly creative ones like JK Rowling.

What book that you have read has most influenced your life?

Not a clue. I read ton of books when I was a kid. I will say that one book that caught my fancy and stuck with me is I am Legend by Matheson.

Do you listen to music when you write?  Is there a certain type you like to listen to?  Do you put your playlists on Spotify for listeners?

Yes. The feel depends on what I’m writing. In general, I’ll play Radiohead, Alabama Shakes, St. Paul and the Broken Bones, Ray LaMontagne – stuff like that. I wouldn’t put my poor musical selections on anyone else with a Spotify list. ;)

If you could spend time with a character from your books who would it be? And what would you do during that day? (PG-13 please ;-) )

Alex from the Acquisition Series so he can do my hair.

What character in your books are you least likely to get along with?

Lucius from The Acquisition Series. The sex would be hot, but we’d fight the rest of the time.

What are you working on at the moment?

The Master of Blackwood, a dark southern gothic romance that will be released in January.

Thanks for having me! xx

Author Bio




Celia Aaron is a recovering attorney who loves romance and erotic fiction. Dark to light, angsty to funny, real to fantasy—if it’s hot and strikes her fancy, she writes it. Thanks for reading.

Sign up for my newsletter at aaronerotica.com to get information on new releases. (I would never spam you or sell your info, just send you book news and goodies sometimes). ;)

Connect with Celia

No comments:

Post a Comment